NVQ Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety
Looking for your next progression step in Health & Safety or looking to build on your existing knowledge and skills, then this is the qualification is for you.
How Much Does it Cost?
SALE – Option 1: Pay at the time of booking £950.00 (Or pay by invoice within 5 days) – Sale ends Monday 8th August 2022. Only 3 places available at the sale price.
Option 2: Pay by invoice after 5 days of the booking being made: £1150.00
Option 3: Pay by instalments, £1200.00
- Deposit of £200.00, then pay
- £100 per month (Of if you wish to pay more speak to us)
See below for full course details:
The NVQ Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice qualification is aimed at candidates who are responsible for developing and applying health and safety procedures day-to- day in their organisation and ensuring the successful running of the organisations Health & Safety Management System. They candidate could be a staff member, safety professional, supervisor, manager, director etc, looking to improve their knowledge and skills.
Are there any exams?
No, there are no exams. This qualification is competence-based, candidates must demonstrate the level of competence described in the units. This is an evidence collecting based qualification.
This evidence is then submitted to an online e-portfolio and assessed by one of our centres qualified assessors.
How long will it take to complete the qualification?
You will have 2 years to complete the qualification, which will be ample time.
The average completing time will be 6 – 12 months, early completion is of course achievable.
What are the entry requirements for this course?
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. NC Skills will carry out an initial assessment of candidate skills and knowledge to identify any gaps and help plan the assessment. This qualification is approved for candidates aged 19+.
We do recommend that candidates have attended a NEBOSH National General Certificate (Level 3) or equivalent course. Personally we feel you will struggle if you have not already obtained a NEBOSH National General Certificate or similar Level 3 H&S qualification prior to signing up for the course.
What’s included in the cost?
3) Full ongoing support for a duration of 2 years
4) Email, phone and online messenger support
5) Best online technology on the market to enable candidate to upload their collected evidence to the online E-Portfolio system
6) Access to full resources though NC Skills to enable qualification completion
7) You will be assigned a dedicated Assessor that will be with you throughout your qualification. They will provide an in-depth induction and ongoing monitoring, coaching and feedback from the beginning to the end of the qualification.
Do I need to attend classroom-based training to enable me to complete the qualification?
This is a workplace-based qualification; therefore, you do not need to take time of work to attend classroom training.
However as this is qualification requires you to demonstrate your competency, you should have a good knowledge and experience understanding of Health & Safety including Health & Safety Managements systems.
What is this qualification compared to?
In terms of academic value, the NVQ Level 6 – Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety Practice is equivalent to a Batchelors Degree & the NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety.
Benefits of this qualification?
1) There are no exams
2) This is a work based
3) Save on costs. This qualification costs significantly less than equivalent qualification, and there is no need to travel, book accommodation etc
4) This qualification is recognised globally
5) IOSH Membership: Once completed you can join IOSH as a Graduate Member leading to Chartered Membership. If you have construction experience you can apply for Membership of The Chartered Institute of Building.
6) Apply your learning from your Level 3 qualification (NEBOSH National General Certificate or similar) and put it into practice by completing the level 6 qualification
7) Access to CSCS Black Card
What unit activities do I have to undertake in the workplace?
• Promote a positive health and safety culture
• Develop and implement the health and safety policy
• Develop and implement effective communication systems for health and safety information
• Develop and maintain individual and organisational competence in health and safety matters
• Identify, assess and control health and safety risks
• Develop and implement proactive monitoring systems for health and safety
• Develop and implement reactive monitoring systems for health and safety
• Develop and implement health and safety emergency response systems and procedures
• Develop and implement health and safety review systems
• Maintain knowledge of improvements to influence health and safety practice